How to Share Your Faith
John 1:35-42, Acts 17:16-34, 1 Thessalonians 2:8 9-26-21
September 26, 2021
We’ve all seen bad examples of evangelism.
Here are two good examples from the New Testament:
Example 1: John 1:35-42
What did Andrew do?
Example 2: Acts 17:16-34
What didn’t Paul do?
What did Paul do?
What did and didn’t happen?
HOW TO SHARE YOUR FAITH
- Put their needs first
- Find commonality
- Share your story when asked
- Don’t try to answer all their questions
- Focus on Jesus
- Focus on relationships
1 Thessalonians 2:8 (NLT)
“We loved you so much that we shared with you not only God’s Good News but our own lives, too.”
- Ask God to give you opportunities to humbly share your faith story and the ways God has been working in your life.
- When you share your faith with your friends and family, follow Paul’s example and find common ground with them.
- Make a commitment to avoid impersonal and argumentative forms of evangelism.